Rules, Regulations and Release of Liability
MBR Pet Pantry is meant to ease financial stress to prevent your pets from becoming homeless. Pet food and cat litter are intended to supplement your supply.
Everyone who seeks assistance is required to complete an application which will be verified by MBR volunteers. Once your application has been processed you will be notified of your eligibility. MBR has three eligibility time frames; 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months which is determined using the information provided on the application.
At this time we are only serving Lorain County residents.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Must complete an application and provide all contact information requested. Any omission of information, misleading or false information will result in a denial of assistance.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be the only household member requesting assistance
- Must provide proof of financial need. Acceptable documents include: income tax return, most recent check stub, Medicaid card, Disability letter, notice from ODJFS, Social Security, or other government agency documentation. We reserve the right to accept provided documents as sufficient information.
- Must have owned pets for at least 6 months. (You may not acquire additional pets while receiving assistance.)
- All pets must be spayed or neutered
- All pets must be receiving adequate care which includes, but is not limited to; under the care of a veterinarian at least annually, provided with indoor accommodations, must not be chained, must be provided with fresh water at all times and receive regular meals.
Things to know once eligible
- You understand it is unlikely you will receive the brand of food you are currently purchasing
- You will be provided with the pickup location and time and agree to arrive as scheduled
- You must bring your ID with you on distribution day
- You release MBR Pet Pantry and anyone (volunteer or other) associated with MBR Pet Pantry of any and all liability.
IMPORTANT: If it is determined your application contained any false or misleading information or information was omitted, you will automatically be denied assistance.